Yep, that’s right. We received an official referral for the sibling group of three we have been waiting on. We will update here as the updates come.
These ninos are ready to rock-and-roll. They are so excited to grow our family. :)
What we do know:
1. We have a Child Presentation Meeting next week to get bios and ask questions of the team.
2. The children are delightful and adorable.
3. On the spectrum of what comes through the Foster system, their delays and “issues” are mild at best.
4. The boys are in school full time, All-day Kinder and First Grade.
5. The little girls speaks only Spanish….she’s three.
6. There is a relative in the picture–kind of sort of–so there is a chance (however slim) that we won’t be able to finalize.
What we don’t know:
1. When we will meet the children.
2. What day we will take custody of the children (I am hoping by Thanksgiving–but that is optimisitic, I think).
3. How far along “Termination of Parental Rights” is.
4. Anything else I haven’t already mentioned. :)
Knowing all this, I am happy to field questions. I am sure I know more than I think I do. I will answer in the comments section. If you would like to see a picture of the children, let me know and I will send you a private message. We will not be allowed to post any pictures here, or on Facebook, until the adoption is finalized, which is probably nine months at best.